Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday Musings: Part Seven

Eye twitches... they're strange, right? I mean, why does it happen? Have I been under extra stress and this is my body's way of showing me to just let it go... relax? Or maybe it's just been too long of a day and I need to shut my eyes, give them some relief. Regardless, I always try to catch it in action in the mirror. It weirds me out because part of my body is doing something without my conscious effort. It's twitching and jumping and moving and I'm not telling it to!

The eye twitch -- it's what I'm choosing to compare to how I can feel Zeke moving.

Not butterflies fluttering...

Not popcorn popping...

Not gas bubbles...

Muscles twitching. Yes! I'm starting to feel him move!! It's not too often and it's definitely not overly obvious. I have to be pretty focused and paying attention, but I do believe it's happening :O) I even have a general idea of when to be paying attention because it happens at pretty similar times each day -- which is also very exciting! I am thankful for these gentle movements right now because I know the kicks and jabs will get much stronger - a good thing! - but I've also heard they can be semi-painful. But it's really ok. I will be thankful because it means he's growing healthy and strong and before I know it these special times when he is growing inside of me will be over and we'll start the adventure of parenting with him in our arms.

To life... full of little kicks!

1 comment:

PamJam said...

What an awesome expression of life!! Love, Mom