I'm growing!
I have been retiring my clothes, bit by bit. For the most part, it has been fun -- getting out some old clothes I haven't worn since I started losing weight; putting away some skirts and pants I was tired of wearing anyway; finally starting to see that my belly is growing because of baby and not layers of dormant muscle :o)
Not only have I been feeling different in my clothes, but I stepped on the scale on Saturday morning -- finally -- *ouch* I had been choosing to live in the "ignorance is bliss" phase for awhile. My plan was always to weigh and record my weight every two weeks and I have not stopped that. But I think for awhile I will check in daily. Just as I learned pre-baby D, if you don't hold yourself accountable, you can tell yourself that, "Hey, sure things are ok. It can't be that bad" but you really don't know unless you're keeping track. And since I chose to stop tracking my daily food intake, I know I need to be weighing in a little more often.
Some of you may roll your eyes and think, "Duh! You are SUPPOSED to be gaining weight. You're having a baby!!" This I know. And, trust me, I want to gain weight for my baby, but I want to do it healthily. You see, I have always struggled with my weight. I have NEVER had a problem eating! My weight in the past, say 7 years, has been like a pendulum swinging from one higher weight to a lower one. This most previous weight (pre-pregnancy) is probably the longest I have remained at a "low" since I started college!
My struggle now is this: Am I hungry because my body and the baby are growing? Or am I just not drinking enough water? Should I eat something before I feel too hungry again? Or should I wait until I start feeling those hunger pains? My goal each day is to eat my minimum of 5 fruits and vegetables. For the most part of I have been succeeding! And I feel that by eating well, I do not give myself the option of eating as much junk. This, I know, is good. But what do I do when all I can think about is chocolate frosting? Or I'm craving the Chicago dog from Sonic? Or I can't get the Reese's PB Cup blast off my mind? Do I force myself to eat an apple instead and try to convince myself that that'll do? Or do I give in?
This is what I'm thinking about and struggling with for week 16. Any tips?
To life... full of many daily decisions!
I have been retiring my clothes, bit by bit. For the most part, it has been fun -- getting out some old clothes I haven't worn since I started losing weight; putting away some skirts and pants I was tired of wearing anyway; finally starting to see that my belly is growing because of baby and not layers of dormant muscle :o)
Not only have I been feeling different in my clothes, but I stepped on the scale on Saturday morning -- finally -- *ouch* I had been choosing to live in the "ignorance is bliss" phase for awhile. My plan was always to weigh and record my weight every two weeks and I have not stopped that. But I think for awhile I will check in daily. Just as I learned pre-baby D, if you don't hold yourself accountable, you can tell yourself that, "Hey, sure things are ok. It can't be that bad" but you really don't know unless you're keeping track. And since I chose to stop tracking my daily food intake, I know I need to be weighing in a little more often.
Some of you may roll your eyes and think, "Duh! You are SUPPOSED to be gaining weight. You're having a baby!!" This I know. And, trust me, I want to gain weight for my baby, but I want to do it healthily. You see, I have always struggled with my weight. I have NEVER had a problem eating! My weight in the past, say 7 years, has been like a pendulum swinging from one higher weight to a lower one. This most previous weight (pre-pregnancy) is probably the longest I have remained at a "low" since I started college!
My struggle now is this: Am I hungry because my body and the baby are growing? Or am I just not drinking enough water? Should I eat something before I feel too hungry again? Or should I wait until I start feeling those hunger pains? My goal each day is to eat my minimum of 5 fruits and vegetables. For the most part of I have been succeeding! And I feel that by eating well, I do not give myself the option of eating as much junk. This, I know, is good. But what do I do when all I can think about is chocolate frosting? Or I'm craving the Chicago dog from Sonic? Or I can't get the Reese's PB Cup blast off my mind? Do I force myself to eat an apple instead and try to convince myself that that'll do? Or do I give in?
This is what I'm thinking about and struggling with for week 16. Any tips?
To life... full of many daily decisions!
2 comments:
i agree that it's a tough row to hoe. my personal philosophy involves looking for balance. eat all your fruits and veggies, like you're doing so well! and then get something that you're craving.
personally, i think that i'm happier and more content now as i weigh more than i was at my thinnest. there are definitely some changes that i want to make and work toward in the future but realizing the above was important for me.
Thanks Ani! I appreciate that. Love you!
Post a Comment