Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday Musings: Installment 18

Being sick is not fun.

Being sick while you are pregnant is even less fun.

It makes reaching for the kleenex box - which is just out of reach - painful, because you've stretched too far.

It makes the many trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night more annoying because you get up, go, come back to bed, blow your nose until you clear a passage so you can breathe again, situate yourself on your pillows just right, roll over because you're not comfortable, mouth-breathe for awhile so you don't feel like you're suffocating, try breathing through your nose again, get annoyed because you hear yourself breathing, finally drift off, and then pop your eyes open because you realize you already have to go to the bathroom again.

It makes you more tired because not only is your body fighting off the sickness, but you're pregnant too, so it's like a super-sleepy tired. But for three nights in a row I woke up right around 2 AM -- alert and hungry. It's the first time I've actually eaten something in the middle of the night while being pregnant! Then I wasn't able to go back to sleep so I read for awhile. It was so bizarre for me because I've pretty much NEVER had trouble sleeping, especially when I'm sick. But while awake, I came to the realization that in approximately 8 weeks, I'll probably be up around that time feeding, consoling, or changing my baby's diaper. When I thought of it that way, it didn't seem so bad :O)

Last night I slept the best I had in 4 days. I woke up this morning feeling SO much better. I'm still on the mend and definitely not 100%, but I'm thankful I'm sick NOW and not during my Christmas break and hopefully not when Baby Z arrives!

To life... full of emergen-C packets and hot chai tea!

No comments: