Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tuesday Night: Chocolate Cake Night

Ok, so that just sounds awesome... maybe I should make every Tuesday night "Chocolate Cake Night!!" Especially if I make this cake :-) So last night I worked on cake #2 for the baby shower on Friday. I made a Deeply Chocolate Almond Cake from "The Cake Mix Doctor." And I ate batter... again! But it was SOOOOOOOOOO good, if you had been there you wouldn't have been able to handle the pressure either. I promise! Plus the batter is more of a weakness for me than the baked cake anyway. So here's what I put together to make this a delicious, wonderful cake...
- 1 Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 c. Vegetable Oil
- 1 c. Buttermilk
- 1 oz. Baker's unsweetened chocolate melted with 1/3 c. water
- 1 tsp. almond extract

And it smelled heavenly *sigh* Again, I baked it in a 6" pan and it made 3 layers. But I'm sorry to say, I accidentally left my camera at work. So no pictures. But I promise to try to get it home tonight so I sure have pictures for tomorrow of the finished product. As for tonight, I'm planning on making two batches of vanilla buttercream icing. Then all I'll have left for tomorrow night is the chocolate cream cheese icing and decorating. I've been trying to think of a signature sign-off. You know like "And that's how the cookie crumbles." or something along those lines. Any ideas? Let me know!

No comments: